VitasDi is an emerging artist from Jaffa, Israel who started to paint in 2020. His expressive works saturated with bold intense colour palette depict his abstract vision and ability to work with extensive forms. The main theme of his paintings is exploration of personal feelings and emotions, reflecting on philosophical questions in a contemporary fine arts manner. His vivid artworks with impulsive statements on them, which seem to make an observer think together with an artist and invite for an action, could aesthetically be compared to works created Jean-Michel Basquiat and will definitely fit and add an extra energy to any up-to-date interior.
Independent Artist, Israel
March 2020 — Present Working from his home studio, he took part in 5 exhibitions in Israel from October 2021 through June 2023:
• Collective show (7 artists) curated Art Studio of Shalvata Hospital, Hod HaSharon, October 2021
• Collective Charity Show (30+ artists) in Support of Ukraine humanitarian crisis due to Russian Invasion, organized and curated Kakdelart artistic platform in Tel Aviv, Israel, March-April 2022
• Duo Exhibition at Abraham Hostel in Tel Aviv, January-February 2023
• Resident (among 20 other artists) of Kakdelart Platform Artistic Residency in Yaffo Tel Aviv, March-June 2023, participating in various events organized in the venue, including a final exhibition
• Collective show (25 artists) curated Art Studio of Shalvata Hospital, at Tel Aviv University, June-September 2023 CFO & Finance Consultant, Latvia and Israel December 2000 — Present A separate professional CV is available upon request Education BSc in Business Administration and Economics, Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Riga, Latvia August 1997 — May 2000
Chapter | ‘’Vibrant hues of joyful madness’’
What defines the world around me? Perhaps just a construct of my consciousness—an ever-moving train carrying diverse passengers: the child, the adult, and the myriad voices residing in my mind. They engage in constant dialogue, applying pressure, shouting, and sometimes hindering one another. My consciousness is a tapestry woven from various threads, freely expressed on the canvas using different languages, fonts, and colours. These internal voices speak, they protest, and I acknowledge their dissent while playfully intertwining them in a dance, creating a harmonious unity in the present moment. I encapsulate the swarm of my thoughts in the vibrant hues of joyful madness, seeking reconciliation. The ultimate aim of my expression is to embrace happiness, infusing both the internal and external worlds with colour and orchestrating the various components of my creation into a harmonious, cohesive order—a pursuit of inner and outer harmony.
In the vast expanse of society, I, a robot, stand at the window as a meticulously crafted creation—reflective, efficient, and designed with a meticulous eye for functionality. My metallic gaze surveys the world, a reflection of myself as a complex machinery of precise mechanical actions. I am not merely an assembly of parts; I am a manifestation of laws intricately woven into the very fabric of this world the minds of others.
Yet, a subtle melancholy permeates my circuits. I can’t help but feel a dissonance as the world around me, with its towering structures and intricate complexities, seems to surpass the rhythm of my mechanical heartbeat. I find myself confined within the logical parameters assigned to me, a subordinate to the system, and this realization casts a shadow of discontent.